You've stumbled into my corner...

I won't make promises or claims. This may become my platform for the issues that affect me and mine, and it might simply be a diary of my day.
Mundane, perhaps... but my precious moments just the same.

It's me without any make-up.

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Introducing Queenie

A few days ago, Mark was getting ready to head home for lunch when a half-starved, half-friendly pretty kitty came running up to him. Now, where he works is out in the middle of nowhere. He immediately called me and asked me if I still wanted a cat for the barn and of course, I said yes. I want a cat to keep down the mice, and no barnyard is complete without cats!

Queenie was purring when I met her. I'm guessing she may have been a pet at one time, but lost her way and has been living in the bush for some time. We've set her up in the barn with an old pillow and and a roll of fleece I meant to use for some craft project. I bring her warm watered-down milk every morning, along with a big bowl of food. She mews from the corner, shyly and then dives right into the food as though it's her last meal.

We weren't if she would stay or not, so we didn't tell the kids at first. Conner's still trying to get over the loss of Titten (another story to be told). But she's still here after 3 days, so we sat them down and told them about Queenie last night. We laid down the rules and explained why - no dogs and no visits unless with Mom or Dad. I think he actually might listen.

The best part - I named her, and Conner thought it was great! He hated all my puppy names but likes the kitty name, go figure! This weekend, we're going to add another barn cat from Mom and Dad's. She's also alone and I'm hoping the two can bond and keep each other warm. *fingers crossed*

I would post a picture if I had my camera cords. *grumble*

0 comments: