You've stumbled into my corner...

I won't make promises or claims. This may become my platform for the issues that affect me and mine, and it might simply be a diary of my day.
Mundane, perhaps... but my precious moments just the same.

It's me without any make-up.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Season for Change

Autumn is my favourite time of year, and September for me marks the change of season. It comes in welcome relief to the heat of August; the kind of weather that makes me want to strip off all my clothes and lie naked on the cement floor (try not to visualize that, it’s not a pretty picture). I’ve always maintained that you can put more clothes on to keep warm, but there are only so many clothes you can take off before you run out of options. Thankfully my children don’t have fashion sense yet!

This September starts a period of change for us as a family: Mark is starting his new job today, Conner begins Kindergarten next week, and Robyn starts pre-school this year as well. All of that in itself is big! But maybe we’ve been stagnating for too long, because as timing would have it, we may also be moving house and home and moving to a new town. I'm looking at obtaining my Bachelor of Commerce through an online University - and I may even end up leaving my job. I’m ok with the changes, I just wish I could make a solid plan rather than formulate potential plans on all the what-ifs.

I’m excited for this fall. I think we’re in a healthier place as a family than we have been, well ever. I feel I have recovered from my depression and am back to myself, and Conner seems to have turned a new leaf as well. Mark has a renewed spirit with his career change, and Robyn, well she’s almost 3 and making sure we know it. I had no idea one small child could talk sooo much.

I can’t wait to collect the color changing leaves with my kids.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooohhh.. thanks for some reminders about things that I too like! The less-hot weather (though that hasn't hit here yet), the leaves, OH the leaves... they're changing here already. Hard to believe, but true!

CeeCee said...

It must be the Canadian blood in me! Fall has always been a welcome relief from the heat for me :)

I'm not so cheery about winter though.. boots, hats, scarves... /sigh