You've stumbled into my corner...

I won't make promises or claims. This may become my platform for the issues that affect me and mine, and it might simply be a diary of my day.
Mundane, perhaps... but my precious moments just the same.

It's me without any make-up.

Friday, June 13, 2008

Hallelujah! Funding for Conner

Conner has been approved for Program Unit Funding (P.U.F.)! The short explanation - this means that he will have an aide in the classroom specifically to help him. The long explanation, well read the handbook! Either way, it's a reason to celebrate.

Through extensive efforts by his ECS teacher, Erinn Gallagher and some caring professionals, Conner will be able to start Kindergarten with some special attention with the hope and plan that it will help him adjust and transition. My personal hope is that the intervention now will give him the opportunity to continue to blossom into a well adjusted boy.

We have some hard work ahead of us, and regular appointments with Occupational Therapists and potentially a child psychologist, but these are all successes! Conner will receive some of the best treatments we have access to so that he has a the best chance of achieving "normal". I don't care about what any standards say, but I look forward to the day that my heart doesn't hurt for our guy when he struggles over some of the simple things that we all take for granted as being second nature.

P.U.F. is one huge step along that adventure!

0 comments: