You've stumbled into my corner...

I won't make promises or claims. This may become my platform for the issues that affect me and mine, and it might simply be a diary of my day.
Mundane, perhaps... but my precious moments just the same.

It's me without any make-up.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Peek at Buster


We're planning on buying a puppy to grow up on the acreage. After doing a bunch of research, I fell in love with the Louisiana Catahoula Leopard. While we had been planning on a Blue Heeler (Austrailian Cattle Dog), we decided the houla was the breed we want.
Of course, I wanted a rescue, or even a cast-off mutt or x-breed. That is still a possibility, much to Mark's chagrine (haha). But right now, I need to raise a dog to guard the kids and the home place, and a puppy from a proven set of parents is the best option for us right now. As wonderful a dog as our yellow lab, Sasha, is - she is no guardian. She can't even leave the kitchen if a cat is sitting in the doorway...
We're going to see him tonight to decide, and then will be leaving a deposit if all goes as expected. Because we won't be officially moved until November, they've agreed to hold him until then. The Martins generally keep their puppies for 12 weeks to be socialized with the adults, and being he's only about 8 weeks now, it should work out perfectly!
So, I thought Howie (from Haward, Guardian) would be a good name for our new little boy. But somehow he's already been christened Buster. Conner flat out shot down Howie with an emphatic no and strong head shake. Damn. If I'd have gotten the boy on my side I would have been golden!
Buster it is! I can live with that :)

1 comments:

~Crystal said...

Ahhhh....cute!!!! I am sure he'll be a wonderful addition to your family. :0)